Friday, April 21, 2006

Slime















This is the way I feel today. It's always a comfort to get outside and find your mood reflected in nature.

When I feel this way, I try to think of 3 things that happened during the day that I'm thankful for. OK. Ready?

1. Yellow curry from King of Thai Noodle for lunch.
2. Today was the deadline for final mechanicals, and I actually got them FTP'd. At first my art director called saying she couldn't find them on the FTP site. She asked, "Did you use Fetch?" I assured her that I had, but I could tell she didn't believe me, because she said, "Did you see that little dog running on the screen?" "YES!" I insisted. Then suddenly, as we were talking, the files appeared on her computer.
3. At Walgreen's they had all the leftover chocolate Easter Eggs on sale for 10 cents apiece: chocolate-covered pecan caramel, chocolate-covered brownie, chocolate-covered coconut, and chocolate-covered truffle. I grabbed a cart and set a whole cardboard display of eggs inside it. $4.00 for a whole flat! I told myself that Evie would really like to get a flat of chocolate eggs as a study treat. But then I took them back out. I knew down deep inside that Evie wouldn't eat them; I would. I'm thankful I didn't buy the eggs. But if I had, I would have gotten half pecan caramel and half coconut.

Licensed psychotherapists say that when you feel bad, you're really not supposed to think of things that make you happy. They say it helps if you stay with the negative feeling–slither on down into the slime.