Saturday, November 04, 2006

Fosamax Chronicles: 7:40 am



bone property of Dogbark.com, my great web host



Tom, in pajamas: Have you already had a shower???!
Me, in jeans: Yes. I couldn't bend my esophagus for one half hour.
Tom, looking at clock: But now you can start throwing stuff down your gullet.

While I was waiting to throw stuff down my gullet, here's what else I did. I googled Paolo Conte in order to figure out the very best album to download for Katy's birthday. OK, and I might make a copy for myself, too. This was the first reference that came up, and I decided to play the game. Here's how:

1. Put your MP3 player on shuffle.
2. Press forward with every question.
3. The song is the answer to the question.

Here's how it went for me. Very funny! Spooky, too.

1. How am I feeling today?
Young and Free - Sasha Dobson

2. Will I get far in life?

Fever - Dave's True Story

3. How do my friends see me?
Fallin' - Alicia Keys

4. When will I get married?
Kiss Me Quick - Dave's True Story

5. What is your best friend's theme song?
If Loving You Is Wrong - Cassandra Wilson

6. What is the story of my life?
Daddy-o - Dave's True Story

7. What was high school like?
Runnin' Down a Dream - Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

8. How am I going to get ahead in life?
Citywide Rodeo - The Weepies

9. What is the best thing about me?
If Not For Dreams - Sasha Dobson

10. How is today going to be?
Bossy - Kelis

11. What is in store for the weekend?
Suicide Blond - The Weepies

12. What song describes your parents?
Miss You - Bossa & Stones

13. How is my life going?
Under My Thumb - Bossa & Stones

14. What song will be played at my funeral?
Out of Time - Astrud C./Bossa & Stones

15. How does the world see me?
The World Spins Madly On - The Weepies

16. Will I have a happy life?
Slow Pony Home - The Weepies

17. What do my friends think of me?
Throw It Away - Cassandra Wilson

18. How can I make myself happy?

Fool To Cry - Lima Moananu/Bossa & Stones

19. What should I do with my life?

Emotional Rescue - Freedom Dub

20. Will I ever have children?
Follow Through - Sasha Dobson

21. What is some good advice for me?

Flawless - Hedda Layne

22. What is my signature song?
Sex Without Bodies - Dave's True Story

23. What do I think my current theme song is?
Sandman - Dave's True Story

24. What does everyone else think my theme song is?
Crazy Eyes - Dave's True Story

25. What's your style?

Sleight Of Time - Cassandra Wilson

26. What kind of lover are you?
Heaven Knows - Cassandra Wilson

27. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Let's Spend The Night Together - Bossa & Stones

Now you can play. If you don't have an MP3 player, you can order one here for $79. (Just go ahead and charge it; the shipping is free.) Plus, if you buy it online, you can get it engraved for free–with something like: for me with love, I hope you like it!