Thursday, February 11, 2010

Very Busy

Kristin had a dental appointment in San Francisco so she drove up from Half Moon Bay. We decided to have lunch. She wanted to get some Valentine presents for Ryan. I told her I knew the perfect place to get little treats, but that I was very busy and I wouldn't be able to take a long time.

So we walk into Kawaii Corner, this tiny hole-in-the-wall on Geary that is in reality a treasure chest. Charms, tattoos, stickers, keychains, tiny rubber cookies and pies and . . . you get the idea.

Kristin looks around and finds some great stuff. "Are you ready to go?" she asks.

"No, not yet. Are you?"

"Oh no. Take as long as you want."

Doesn't she know I'm very busy and can't take as long as I'd like? We look around some more. Kristin is ready to go, I can tell. But I haven't seen everything yet! My phone is unadorned, and I keep losing my house key because I don't have a key ring and isn't Chinese New Years coming up?

By the time we leave Kristin's bored and I've only started looking. There's barely time for lunch.