Sunday, July 26, 2009

Dr. Perricone's 3-Day Facelift (Before)


Michael is a great designer who lives in my old hometown. I was always too shy to get to know anyone in my old hometown until I moved away. Now I'm getting to know lots of people from my old home town via Facebook! If you ever would like to get to know people around you but you happen to be too shy, just move away and join Facebook.

Today on Facebook Michael said he had just made a batch of hummus. I asked what recipe he used. He pointed me to Dr. Perricone's web site. Before I could even get to the hummus, my eye fell upon Dr. Perricone's 3-Day Nutritional Facelift over in the left hand margin.

I decided to forget about the hummus and try the facelift. Come back in three days to see if Dr. Perricone's Facelift works. Here's the plan in case you'd like to try it with me:

Breakfast

• 3 egg omelet and/or 4-6 oz. grilled salmon. I do not recommend smoked salmon or lox on the three-day diet because of the salt intake.

• ½ cup cooked oatmeal (not instant). Cooked oatmeal is a great source of fiber, low glycemic carbohydrates

• 2” wedge of cantaloupe or 1/3 cup fresh berries. Cantaloupe is very hydrating to the skin and contains important antioxidants - blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries are high in antioxidants

• No Juice, No Coffee or Toast. If you normally drink large amounts of coffee, drink black or green tea to prevent caffeine withdrawal.

• 8 - 12 oz. spring water

Lunch

• 4-6 oz. grilled salmon. Option: you can also use canned salmon and mix a little mayo and fresh squeezed lemon

• 2 cups green salad made with romaine lettuce or other dark leafy greens. Dressing: extra virgin olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon to taste

• 1 kiwi fruit or cantaloupe and berries as above

• 8 – 12 oz. spring water

Snack

• 1 apple

• 2 oz. slice of turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt

• Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds. Great source of fatty acids and folic acid

Dinner

• 4-6 oz. grilled salmon

• green salad as described above

• ½ cup steamed veggies. Especially asparagus, broccoli, spinach, etc. NO root vegetables, such as potatoes, carrots, beets, parsnips, etc

• Cantaloupe and berries

• 8 – 12 oz. spring water

Before Bedtime Snack

• 1 pear or apple

• 2 oz. slice chicken or turkey breast or 6 oz. plain yogurt

• Small handful of hazelnuts, walnuts or almonds. Great source of fatty acids and folic acid