Saturday, March 08, 2008

Walking and Talking at the Same Time

















We were both feeling depressed as we stumbled out the door for a walk this evening. Tom's dad is just out of intensive care; and my mom has injured a hip and can't remember how. It was too windy on the beach, so we hit the Coastal Trail.

After three miles, I can feel a definite shift in spirit. I even have a suggestion:

My suggestion: Hey, Tom! Would you like to go see the Annie Leibovitz show at the Legion of Honor tomorrow morning?

Tom: I'd like to, but I have a ton of work to do.

Me: I do too! But we could take just ten minutes and run through it.

Tom: Remember the last time we were going to take just ten minutes and run through the De Young? We ended up running through for three hours.

Me: I know! But the Legion is minutes away, and–aside from these photographs–there's never anything there to look at! I mean, there's never anything in the gift shop.