Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Art Acquisition

















Last week my friend Cheryl from NY took Janet and me to an opening at Creativity Explored. Feeling flush with car insurance money, having decided never to own a car again, I purchased this piece of art. Exquisite, is it not? I hate to divulge the cost. Well, OK, if you insist. It was $15.00. It came framed and ready to hang. I took it out of the frame to scan it, and couldn't get over the luscious, fat paper, the beautifully twisted red wire, the clean thick glass–not a smudge on either side.

P.S. After the opening we ate at Picaro, a Spanish tapas place, also in the Mission. I'm usually not crazy about small plates restaurants because I will order 30 plates, and leave starving and irritated, having paid an arm and a leg for each tiny bite on each tiny plate. This was a great exception to that rule. Huge small plates. Heavenly roasted potatoes with an incredible garlic sauce. Sangria loaded with apples, oranges, lemons and limes.