Thursday, May 17, 2012

Today's Prompt: The crime

Yesterday I downloaded a book called The Willpower Instinct: How Self-Control Works, Why It Matters, and What You Can Do To Get More Of It.

Today I didn't feel like reading it. I slept late. I knew I didn't need to meditate. I knew I didn't need to go over my work from yesterday and make a plan for today. I usually try to do both things before getting in the shower. 

Suddenly it was lunchtime and I was starving. I wasn't well, I could tell, and I needed nourishment. I plopped not one, but two tamales into the steamer. 

At 2:30 I knew I needed to lie down and rest. I had a headache. I wanted to take a Cold-Eeze, because basically they're yummy--and they always work. But we were out, so I had an Alka-Seltzer for colds (Orange Zest--delicious!) and went to bed. 

At 4:00 I got up and decided to go to Walgreen's to buy some Cold-Eeze. I didn't really have a cold––but I simply had to have a Cold-Eeze. On the way I remembered we also needed some cashews and almonds, so I turned around and drove to Safeway instead. I found the Cold-Eeze, some cashews, and a large bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin on sale. Then I remembered the Pacific Rim Dry Riesling that Tom had said he liked. It was so inexpensive. I put a bottle of wine in the cart and then it hit me how much I could save if I bought six bottles. (If you buy 6 bottles at once you get an extra 10% discount--but why am I telling you this; I'm sure you already know.)

I rolled over to the fresh baked bread. Tom can't eat wheat, and I know some people believe that carbs aren't healthy. But when you're not feeling your best, sometimes you need to give your body what it asks for.

They were out of the tiny buns, so I bought a 3-foot long Semifreddi's Sourdough Seeded Baguette.

Back in the car I tore into the sourdough bread. I didn't want to have to gorge myself in front of Tom, who can't eat bread!

I really didn't feel like walking, much less jogging. Today wasn't my day for sit-ups or arm exercises. And when you're feeling low, I'm not sure yoga is a good thing. So I gulped down a gin and tonic and Tom fixed a healthy dinner, along with dessert. I cleaned everything up. No clues.