Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Dear Diary


Saturday: I loved the idea for this party: an exhibit of art inspired by music, and lots of music to go along with the art. That's Anne's piece, Coloratura, behind her.

The Tubes (below).



Monday: Cheryl! I love this person.






























Monday evening late: Aggles told me there would be a total eclipse of the moon. Tom woke me up and we went out on the back deck. It was clear and it was happening!

Me: I've got to go find my camera. I want to take a picture!

Tom: You're not going to be able to take a picture.
Well, you might be able to if you use your flash.

My photo of the eclipse is below. Canon point n' shoot



Larry sent us this photo (below) the next day. His looks better only because he lives in Florida, where the sun and moon are closer and that makes it really easy. He didn't even have to use a flash.



Tuesday afternoon: Last Thursday I wrote wistfully about crescent cookies, and guess what came Express Mail today from Aggles? Be careful what you wish for.



Tuesday evening: Peter and I had both been blue. He came over with his guitar and played some tunes. Then we went to dinner to celebrate the Solstice. I'm not sure why or how it works, but music worked wonders.



Wednesday: Never buy pants without pockets. This evening I went for a walk. It was freezing and windy.  I was wearing pants without pockets. I didn't want to find anything interesting, because I had no place to stash it. I ended up having to take off my right hand glove and stuff it with sea glass. My right hand is still frozen and if there are any typos in this post, that's the reason.