Friday, November 14, 2008

Proof that Pluto is a Planet















Ava Bussman

By now it's obvious that my readers are much more interested in The Pluto Debate than in hearing me go on about my daily life. So I thought I'd post this chart I found in Ava's room to lure you back, and to prove once and for all that not only is Pluto a planet, but it's a purple planet. (See arrow.)

Today is the first day in 3 months that I haven't talked to Mom on the phone. Usually she calls during the day, and then again after she's eaten dinner.

Yesterday morning she called frantic because she couldn't get in touch with Aggles. She said she had left four messages for Aggles and had not heard back. She was worried that Aggles didn't have enough food and was convinced that Aggles didn't have a refrigerator in her apartment. I assured her that Aggles had plenty of food and reminded her that Aggles worked in an office during the day and couldn't answer her phone while she was working.

But back to today. I haven't mentioned one of the best discoveries we've made lately. It's a service called Tennessee Home Helpers run by Clare Parker. Her business provides dependable, lively, interesting people to help elderly people out. They help out any kind of people, really.

Clare recently introduced Mom to a woman named Journey, and they seem to have hit it off. Journey will be visiting Mom for a couple of hours three times a week. Wednesday Journey took Mom to the main living area to get a haircut–Mom has to have someone accompany her when she leaves her hall, which is locked–and then she stayed and ate dinner with Mom. Tonight she's taking Mom out to dinner and to see a play that her cousin's in.

But back to Clare, who runs the business. She's an amazing person: smart, intuitive, and fun. Her husband runs the part of the business that does repairs and handy work for people. Last Friday Clare and her husband John picked Mom up and took her on a drive to Monteagle Mountain to see the fall leaves and to have lunch. Folks, this is not your average sitter service.

But back to my conversation with Mom yesterday. She said, "I think tonight's the night Nature? ... No, Travel? ... is taking me out."

Me: Mom! You mean Journey! (we both laugh). No, That's tomorrow night.

From: Linda
Date: November 14, 2008 2:25:18 PM PST
To: Aggle


Aggle, Mom hasn't called today! I don't know whether to be happy or worried SICK. (I think I'll be happy.)