Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Are You A Nurse?























© Linda Davick





My sister Aggles has rented a cabin near Blowing Rock, NC, for Mom, herself, and me. She's reserved it for three nights, and I'll fly into NC to join them. This will take place in mid September during the full moon, as Mom loves watching the moon. But this means Aggles will have to drive in the car by herself with Mom for 5 or 6 hours there, and 5 or 6 hours back.

From: Linda
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:54 PM
To: Aggles


About the trip with Mom: There's time to reconsider if you're not sure about driving that far with Mom. I already have my ticket, and you've already made the deposit, but we can deal with those things. We want to have fun. The place you have found sounds FANTASTIC, but Aggles, you are not Mother Theresa, and driving 5 or 6 hours with Mom in the car is a job for M. Theresa. So let me know if you're having doubts and we can work out something else that's easier on you and Mom.


From: Aggles
Date: August 19, 2008 4:01:41 PM
To: Linda


... Not sure why you think I’m not Mother Teresa.

---------------------------

From:
(Anonymous)
Date:
August 20, 2008 5:49:30 PM
To:
Linda


... Please tell me how we're going to manage old old age and sickness. Are we going to have a commune and fire shotguns at approaching bands of medical invaders, or are we going to hope that we will not live to a ripe old age. Give this some thought so we can get ready. Should we start adopting children (our future caregivers) today? I am not a nurse. In case you didn't know, I am not a nurse. Are you?

From: Linda
Sent: August 20, 2008 6:11 PM
To: (Anonymous)


No, I'm not a nurse either. But don't worry. I know someone a little younger who's a lot like Mother Theresa.