Tuesday, June 02, 2015

A Brand New Bag. Finally.

When I heard that Poetry Magazine was including a free tote bag designed by Milton Glaser with each subscription, I whipped out my credit card. I received an email that said:

Thank you Linda Davick,

We have received your subscription order. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. 

I looked for the tote bag in the mail every day. In this day and age nothing takes 4 to 6 weeks. Yesterday marked seven weeks and yesterday I finally got a copy of the magazine in the mail. But no tote bag. I threw the magazine into the recycling can. Did they really think I wanted to read poetry? Where was my free Milton Glaser tote bag?

This afternoon my tote bag arrived. See how handsome it is? I pulled myself together and retrieved the magazine from recycling. I stuck it in an envelope and mailed it to Jane. I toted the tote bag from room to room, hanging it on doorknobs and cabinet pulls. I took 39 photos of it.

I styled the tote bag with some books I got at the library today, but I won't actually use the tote bag to tote things for a long time. It will hang on the wall for at least 4 to 6 weeks, maybe longer.