Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Notebook


It's always exciting to buy a new notebook. This one's for my writing class which starts tomorrow.

We receive a daily prompt, then write from that prompt for 10-12 minutes. Then we email it off–exchange writing–with our partner of the week. This goes on for 8 whole weeks.

8 weeks, 8 partners, 56 pieces of writing. One of the pieces of writing might be good. One of your partners might be someone you're happy to have met!

Here's something I copied last week from somebody's blog. Was it your blog?

Instructions for living a life 
Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.
–Mary Oliver

I was trying to find out more about Mary Oliver and where that quote came from, and stumbled upon this:

When it’s over, she says, I want to say: all my life / I was a bride married to amazement. / I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.