Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mom

From: Linda
Subject: Mom
Date: October 20, 2009 4:00:32 PM EDT
To: Gwen


Hi kDish:

Mom died around 6:20 this morning. I had spent the night at the hospital and am so happy that I was with her.

I woke up around 5:30 and heard her breathing slow. I went over and told her I loved her; then her breathing stopped. I thought, "How perfect," and then she started breathing again and her morphine alarm went off. So a nurse came and replaced the morphine cartridge, and I said, "She's breathing less and less." About 6:20 I woke up again and heard no breathing, so I went over to her and stayed by her for awhile. Her forehead was still very warm–but I really had the feeling she had stopped breathing. So I went out and got the nurse, who came in and listened to her heart and pulse and nodded at me that she had died.

We haven't planned a service yet, but I'll let you know about it when we do. I just wanted to tell you what's going on–I'm fine, Tom's here, Aggles is running around taking care of details ... I'm so glad that Mom isn't suffering and fighting anymore.

Love,
Linda