Friday, September 05, 2008

Collecting Fever





























From:
Luci
Subject: i have caps coming out of my ears!
Date: September 5, 2008 8:22:54 AM PDT
To: Linda
1 Attachment: penance.jpg (135 KB)


Every day I kept on bugging (or begging as Hugo said) people for caps. He asked me a few days ago, "Are you sure you don't already have a hundred?" I was so sure I did not have a hundred already. Today, after work, I decided to count all the caps. Well, how about that? I've amassed 362 caps!


I'll wash them, dry them, and send them to you this afternoon. Okay?

••••••••••••••••••••••••
Two weeks ago I posted sketches for my collections idea.

Luci's comment: I love the plastic caps pictures. You allow me to see how beautiful they look. Christer used to collect bottle caps, and for some reason it drove me crazy.

From: Linda
Subject: bottle caps!!
To: Luci
Date: Sunday, August 17, 2008, 11:24 AM


'Tude! Does Christer still have the bottle caps? This is exactly the kind of thing I have in mind. Would he be willing to send them to me? I would handle them with care, photograph them, and send them right back. I can send you a big padded SASE! I used to collect bottle caps, too. I LOVED collecting things as a kid (and obviously still do).

From: Luci
Subject: Re: bottle caps!!
Date: August 17, 2008 12:59:44 PM PDT
To: Linda


Oh, I'm so sorry ... and here comes the confession ... I'm an awful mother. I'm sneaky too. I had been slowly throwing away his bottle caps. And, then when we went to Denmark, I told Dena to go ahead and throw away the rest of the caps. When we came home, Christer had a totally new room.

How soon do you need the caps? Because I can relay for bottle caps from the people at work and my students. Oh, and how many?

And, you don't have to send me the SASE. It'll be my penance. I thought I was able to get away quietly with this ... but like the proverb I learned when I was small ... buried misdeed is like smoke, it will seep out.

I was so excited when I received Luci's e-mail today with the photo! It gave me the collecting fever. This time it was for rocks. Suddenly I was burning to do a new photo sketch tomorrow. I hit the beach soon as I could, which was after sunset this evening, and started collecting rocks like mad. Here's what I found:

















And then, walking back to the car with my bag of rocks, I ran smack into a rock band.