Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Live And Learn

(phone call)

Me: Mom, Barbara and Larry are here with us.

Mom:
I remember Barbara and Larry. Didn't we eat a nice meal together once at a national park? And we had to wait and wait on our food.

Me:
Yes. I bet that was at Fall Creek Falls.


Mom:
Well! They've been together for many years now, haven't they?

Me:
I think ten or twelve years. (Barbara informed me later it had been nineteen.)

But Mom! You wouldn't believe how many years Tom and I have been together.

Mom:
How many?

Me:
Thirty-five.


Mom:
OH. That sounds like a terribly long time!

We've learned so much from being around Larry and Barbara these past few days. Things we never would have learned on our own–things we would never have picked up after years of counseling. One of the most exciting things they've taught us about is shown below: