Sunday, October 29, 2006

Rainbow Falls 5K












This morning I took eleven (11) minutes off my last 5K. Still, I'm not sure I'm ready to tell you my time. OK, if you insist. It was 31 minutes and something. I was still pulling up the rear. But actually, quite a few people came in behind me, including EMMY!!! (That's her, above right, looking slightly chagrined.) In truth, she came in at 31 minutes and something too. I was able to keep up with enough runners that I didn't get lost, and that had a positive effect on my time.

A couple of weeks ago I decided what the hell. I sent in my check and joined the Dolphin Runners Club. I bought the family membership. So in the future, Tom (below) will drive Emmy and me to the races in the family car; and will be able to participate in the events himself. That's a good thing, because that means one more person behind us, if you catch my drift.