Friday, June 12, 2009

Some Enchanted Evenings

















Just in case you've been wondering what happened to my blog for the past few days ... we've been eating like there's no tomorrow. Wednesday Emmy and John took us to Pagan for our birthdays. Angry prawn! Yellow curry! My favorite was the crispy catfish stir-fried with basil, Kaffir lime leaf, red bell pepper, and red curry paste sauce topped with crispy basil...

















The next evening Bob introduced us to Serge Tcherepnin. Not only did Serge develop the synthesizer, but he treated eight of us to dinner at Thep Phanom. (That's Serge with Bob's wife, Harriet.) Serge and his wife Giselle just moved back to San Francisco from Paris.

Can you imagine this? We talked for 4 hours, and I never got around to my main course. That means I had an incredible lunch today of salmon in spicy basil sauce.

















This evening we were back on the Coastal Trail, followed by a dinner of beans and tamales in our own kitchen