Friday, May 04, 2007

Reclining












I recline


But we were desperately hungry. Before we could think about stepping into a Home Despot, we needed some nourishment–and FAST. Tom refused to drive by for a Royale with Cheese. We ended up running into this little joint on Judah which we mistook for a Jamba Juice. We ordered sherpa sandwiches. (Carrot raisin loaf filled with cashew cream cheese. With tomato, red onion, lettuce, sprouts. $6.50.) I know what you're thinking. This doesn't sound like me. But once again, I was making a sacrifice for my marriage. We noticed a tiny room in the corner full of pillows with a sign that said: Please Remove Shoes.

We looked at each other. We removed our shoes. We sat down. Five minutes went by. Ten minutes went by. Twenty minutes went by. It occurred to us that this was not a fast food joint. It dawned on us finally that this was not a Jamba Juice at all–it was a raw foods restaurant called Judahlicious. Overcome by hunger, I keeled over.

Our sandwiches arrived. They were spectacular. Worth the wait even. The raw food gave us the fortitude to venture into Home Despot, and then onward to the shoe department at The Rack.
Tom reclines