Saturday, October 14, 2006

What I'm Up Against















© Linda Davick


Suffering is not holding you. You are holding suffering. When you
become good at the art of letting sufferings go, then you'll come to realize how unnecessary it was for you to drag those burdens around with you. You'll see that no one else other than you was responsible. The truth is that existence wants your life to become a festival.
-Osho

I read this quote on Andrea's blog and really liked it. I love the part about existence wanting your life to become a festival. I liked it so much that I actually e-mailed it to somebody. To Tom.

Later when we were walking around the polo field I asked him, "Did you read that quote I e-mailed you?"
"Yes."
"Did you like it?"
"No."
"You didn't?"
"No."
"Why?"
"Because it made me feel responsible for my own suffering. It's easier to blame it on the world. Much easier. And better for you."