Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I Like Amy
















I ask Amy if she will sign a book for Aggles. She asks, "Who is Aggles?" I say my sister. She asks, "Younger or older? Tell me something about her." I say unlike me, she actually is a GOOD cook, and that she actually LIKES to entertain. And that she seems to do it effortlessly." She writes, "Aggles, I hear you need this. Good luck."


Amy Sedaris (Strangers With Candy) was at Book Passage at lunch. She answered questions and signed her new book, I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence.

One woman asked: My daughter is 17 and getting ready to go off to college. Do you have any advice for her?

Amy: Tell her to forget college! Get married and have lots of babies instead. And start drinking. Drinking dulls feelings.

I love babies. I'm going to have lots in the future when I get my tubes untied.










Amy's shoes