Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Bad Reporter

















Can you believe it? Don Asmussen, my favorite cartoonist,
was at Borders Books tonight. His new book is Dog vs. Cat: A Nation Divided: Dirty Tricks and Other Shocking Secrets From a Nasty Pet Election.

e-mail from Aggles: How come you didn’t take a picture of your favorite cartoonist’s shoes?

Aggles, I felt bad about that all the way home on the bus. But I wanted my picture taken with him, along with one of his cartoons. First I asked him to sign a big xerox instead of buying his new book. Then I asked him put a slide back up on the screen for the photo. I just couldn't ask him one more thing.

Also, I had met with the gastroenterologist earlier who is supposed to do the colonoscopy, and we had had a satisfying shoe talk. I was wearing my perforated yellow Nikes, and he was wearing his black calfskin Bruno Magli's with the skinny squared-off toe. Do you know how much a colonoscopy costs these days if your insurance doesn't cover it? $3,500. That's more than we paid for our family car.

p.s. It looked to me like Don was wearing black Clarks, but I'm going to have to verify that.

e-mail confirmation: black "bostonians," Linda. at least that's what it says on the heel. a real cheap shoe, if I remember correctly. plus, i was a bostonian at one point, so it seems approproiate.....don a