Sunday, September 17, 2006

Have a Field Day, Aggles

My sister Aggles had never visited us here in San Francisco before. When she walked into my studio, she burst out laughing.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
She pointed to my monitor. "That."
"So it's an antique! You don't have to make fun of it."
Aggles gleefully: "I can't help it!"

I thought I would offer a tour of my desk and give everyone the opportunity to have a few laughs at my expense.



1. Blue antique
2. My bible (process color manual)
3. Lip Injection (lipstick that makes your lips puff way up)
4. Cry Baby button from Barbara
5. Grocery list: printer paper, 8 1/2 x 11 photographic paper, ink, swiffers, peanuts
6. Work papers. On top: Recipe for Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache.
7. $50 in ping pong table cash. (We weren't able to wrestle the table out of the living room, so we Craigslisted it. It was gone in 20 minutes). Mom, when you visit us again we'll Craigslist it back.
8. My old beloved Swatch watch. The battery died at 5:05. I like that time, so I keep it nearby.
9. White noise machine. When Tom shouts at his computer in the next room, I can turn it on.

e-mail from Aggles: You know, it wasn’t that the monitor was antique – I don’t know enough about hardware to know what’s humourously outdated and what’s enviously hip ‘n current – it’s just that the thing was HUGE!!! I mean really, really HUGE!! Honey, it’s so big you have it over two tables!! That thing is HUGE!!