Saturday, September 09, 2006

Egg Carton Law

Jean Gonick is my hero. She writes the Failing At Living column for the San Francisco Chronicle. Two weeks ago she wrote about buying a basil plant for $2.99 at Trader Joe's. So I had to go to Trader Joe's and buy one, too, and I had to put it on our coffee table, too, just like she did. Only right now our coffee table is underneath the ping pong table, so I had to put the basil plant on the ping pong table. Tonight I decided to pull some leaves off and make Deviled Eggs รก la Potato Chips for dinner.

Don't you think all egg companies should be required by law to have the recipe for hard-boiled eggs printed on the egg carton? That way you wouldn't have to run down to the basement, find The Joy of Cooking, and turn to page 22o every time you want to boil an egg.

All my cooking adventure photos are starting to look alike. Next time I'll make something really different that doesn't involve boiling an egg.