Saturday, August 05, 2006

Major Accomplishment














photo by Linda Davick
; centerpiece by Tom Davick, licensed architect
Those of you who know me well will be stunned. This is the second dish I've cooked in one weekend.

I had lots of eggs left over after making Barbara's low fat muffins, so I decided to make deviled eggs. They're incredibly good, if I do say so myself. Page 220 of The Joy of Cooking explains how to hard-boil an egg. I probably don't need to tell you how to hard-boil an egg, but here's what I mixed together to make the stuffing:

1. Vegenaise (egg free/no cholesterol–important when making an egg-based dish)
2. Mendocino mustard (hot & sweet–the best mustard in the universe)
3. A bit of extra hot horseradish
4. A dash of jalapeno pepper hot sauce
5. Finely chopped sweet pickle
6. Finely chopped sweet onion
7. A little sweet pickle juice
8. Finely chopped parsley
9. Finely chopped basil
10. Salt
11. Egg yolks

note to David: I used Cage Free Eggs