Thursday, May 11, 2006

Lost and Found

This is my beachcombing find of the day. The red thing is a Jelly Belly character. I love the little surf board and the mini flip-flop and the paint chips!

When I picked it up, I was surprised to find Bible verses on back of the paint chips.

The pink chip says: "For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword. It judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Comforting!

The blue chip says: "You my brother, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to sin." Why jump to the conclusion that if you're free, the first thing you want to do is sin?

I believe in God. I believe that God has a sense of humor, and does the best job a God can do. I don't think God jumps to the conclusion that we can't wait to sin. But on the other hand, when you read something like that, doesn't it make you want to sin?
By the way, if you lost this on Ocean Beach, let me know and I'll leave it on my front porch for you to pick up.

When asked whether or not the Da Vinci Code movie should have a "this is fiction" disclaimer on it, Ian McKellen (who stars in the movie) replied, "I've often thought the Bible should have a disclaimer in the front saying this is fiction." I read it on Jason Kottke's site