Saturday, December 01, 2012

Sincerely, Siri

5:01 p.m.



















4:30 is about the latest we can leave to walk these days if we don't want to be walking in the dark. Around that time I dragged myself into the living room where Tom was watching a game. "Are we gonna walk?" I asked.

I saw some drops on the window: "Oh. It looks like it's raining."

"I'm not sure I want to walk in the rain."

"Me neither. Is it really raining? Let me ask Siri."

I summoned Siri.

"Hi Siri. Is it raining?"

"It does not appear to be raining Linda."

"Thank you, Siri."

"It is I who should be thanking you."

It's hard to argue with Siri. She's so nice! Tom and I sloshed down to the car. I could have sworn it was raining. Once we were in the car we had to turn on the windshield wipers.

We parked off the Great Highway and walked three miles. When we got back home we were not only freezing, but soaking wet.

I need to have a little talk with Siri.