Saturday, October 01, 2011

Dreamy


Peter and Anne invited us to go to the Flower Market with them early Friday morning.


Tom jumped at the chance. Peter told me about the nice cafe where I could sit and drink coffee, so I went too.


For breakfast would you rather have a dozen eggs or a dozen roses?


Peter bought 100 asters (among other things).


Earlier in the week Peter had placed an order for a box of gardenias. Even though they smelled heavenly, the seller didn't think they looked gorgeous enough so he threw in a second box. Anne decided that we should have the extra box! (Those aren't the gardenias below, those are something else.)


To make a long story short, we drove back home with a car full of flowers. Below is my first attempt at flower arranging.


From: Linda
Sent: Friday, September 30, 2011 10:19 AM
To: Lucille
Subject: gardenias?

Lucille, hi!
How are you??? 
Do you like gardenias?
Let me know.


To: Linda


Of course I love gardenias ! It's a flower, isn't it? I can't think of a
rhyme for gardenia or I'd write a poem.


To: Lucille

Can I bring some over to you today some time? (Or just drop them off?)

To: Linda

Gardenias are filling two bowls.

The fragrance is intoxicating –
Well, maybe not exactly like a martini

But I’m one very happy lady.