Friday, April 29, 2011

My Friday Night


It was so windy this evening that hardly anyone was on the beach. Look at the sand! And most of the sea wall was covered over with sand. Doesn't it remind you of a snow drift?


I finally gave up and walked across the Great Highway to continue my jog. Getta loada this carpet by the side of the path:


Earlier I was at the library looking at kids' books. I stumbled upon those old George and Martha books! I checked out three and read them at dinner. (Banh mi sandwich from Little Vietnam Cafe on 6th Avenue and a big glass of Kendall-Jackson Vintner's Reserve Riesling with ice.)

I laughed out loud. They seemed so familiar. Then it hit me: Tom and I are George and Martha.

p.s. Tom is in Fall Branch visiting his dad and Norma. Don't tell him I put ice in the wine.