Friday, November 23, 2007

History Repeats Itself

















I forgot to make a pie yesterday! Even after Barbara e-mailed me the photo (below) of the desserts she had made. Even after reading about Sally's pie-baking adventures. To me the whole idea of pie-making is kind of a fairy tale. I was thrilled to be able to spend the day at my computer working on cartoons. But yesterday evening after our walk, it suddenly occurred to me: Oh my god! It's Thanksgiving and I forgot to bake anything! I decided to make Tom a cherry pie.

We ran into Safeway and bought King Arthur flour (that's the secret ingredient), cherries, butter and sugar. The thing that's a little sad is that exactly the same thing happened last year.
We haven't cut this year's pie yet. But as you can see above, we have our fine china and our ice cream scoop at the ready.



Barbara's bourbon-pecan tart with chocolate drizzle. The little tarts are pear-cranberry.