Friday, January 04, 2013

5:10 p.m.


My life got so much bigger yesterday, it makes me want to start posting bigger photos. I was asked to join the TIAPOS writing group and I went for the first time. For years I've dreamed about being in the group. I remember saying to Tom five years ago that if I ever got asked to join, it would be the biggest honor I could imagine. Then I didn't get asked and I didn't get asked, and I remember saying to Tom one night about a year ago, "You know, even if I did get asked to join TIAPOS, I probably wouldn't want to go. Because it meets on Thursday night! And by Thursday night I'm too tired to go anywhere."

Then in December Jane emailed me an invitation. My heart stopped. Within one minute I replied YES! and went straight to Google to try to figure out how to get there. 

Last night was the first meeting of the year. It was magnificent. I was so jangled that I didn't take one photo, and now I'm upset about not having a picture of the beautiful table we sat around. At the table were eight humans, a cake, some chocolate lace cookies, almond pastries, things like that. Underneath the table were a dog and a cat.

When everyone had read, Eric asked where in the schedule he should put my name for longer pieces. That's when I knew the meaning of the word happy, because it meant I could come back in two weeks. I want to end with an exclamation point but an exclamation point isn't strong enough.