Monday, September 24, 2012

A Very Good Day for a Monday

At the last meeting of our writing class msmasmush wore this unbelievably great vest. Black with leopardskin trim. "I MUST HAVE THAT VEST!" is how I greeted her after not having seen her for months.

She told me she bought it at Costco. I was shocked! I'm not a member of that exclusive club where you have to pay $50 even to enter, and one reason I'm not a member is because I thought all they carried was huge pallets of paper towels. Was I wrong.

I stared at the vest all through class. When class was over Mary Ann (that's msmasmush) took me to Progressive Grounds for lunch. I stared at the vest some more.

She took a photo of me with her phone and sent it to Kristin. So I took a photo of Mary Ann scowling and sent it to Kristin.

I said, "Kristin, isn't her vest the very greatest thing you have ever seen in your entire life? Are you a member of Costco? If you are, will you buy me one next time you're there and I'll pay you back and buy you a delicious lunch to boot next time you get a filling?" (Kristin lives in Half Moon Bay, but her dentist is right down the street from me.)
















In my note to Kristin I tried not to use exclamation points, because neither one of them likes exclamation points. Mary Ann doesn't like commas either.

Anyway, guess what came in the mail today. The photo below holds a clue.

Thank you, Kristin. A special lunch awaits you & msmush.















And then the doorbell rang again and guess what else came in the mail. The photo below holds a clue:

Proofs for my new book!