Friday, June 24, 2011

A Trip to the Museum






























We had tickets for Picasso: Masterpieces from the Musée National Picasso, Paris.

This was my favorite piece. I love the fingers on the painting hand. They look kind of like cartoon fingers, and like they might be moving really fast. I also love the way the arm comes right out of his heart–or at least right out of the middle of his body. You can see the changes in the drawing, and that also gives it life. And the stripes!

Every room in the exhibit had a quote or two by Picasso way up high on the walls. His words as well as his paintings really did something to me. I ended up typing three of the quotes into my phone and sending them home to myself.

... though I don't fully understand the third quote. Do you?


It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.


Painting is stronger than me. It makes me do what it wants.


Every act of creation is first of all an act of destruction.


Sent from my pink phone