Monday, May 30, 2011

I never get tired of it*

Doesn't it seem like after 62,415 meals that you'd get tired of eating and drinking? 62,415 is the exact number of meals I've had in my life so far. (I eat 3 meals a day and I've never missed a meal.)

Ryan, our next door neighbor, works at the seafood counter at Lunardi's and about once a week he'll bring us something good. Tonight it was fresh local salmon and fresh crab. Tom made guacamole and a salad. He also made a spicy sauce for the crab. He heated a loaf of gluten-free bread which I ignored at first, but then ate like crazy when I remembered we had real butter in the fridge. I made a shortcut sangria out of pomegranate juice from the farmers' market, water, and zinfandel. I put a handful of blueberries and raspberries on top.

It was, in ten words, the best dinner I had ever had in my life. But every night it's the same story. Whether it's crunchy peanut butter on toast or fresh salmon–every night I have the best meal I have ever had in my entire life. I know, I know, it doesn't add up. And it's amazing that I don't weigh 400 pounds.

*Prompt of the day for Daily Write Round Robin. A new class starts on July 17.