Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Invasion of the Sand Dollars


Remember the Invasion of the Jellyfish? This evening it was the Invasion of the Sand Dollars. You could not avoid stepping on them! One woman had gone back to her car for a laundry basket, and was filling it with sand dollars.

Even more exciting, after our walk, we hit Java Beach. Tom didn't feel like cooking, and if he didn't feel like cooking, why should I have to clean up? The Java Beach at Judah was packed with laptops. There were no empty tables. We tried the one on Sloat. More laptops, but there were a couple of empty stools at the bar.

I adore my laptop and love asking it out to dinner–but I wonder how these joints stay in business when the laptops linger and often don't order much besides a cup of coffee. Of course when I'm the one sitting across from my laptop, I don't look up when a line forms. But I make sure to order a giant sub and fries, because I know in my heart that it's the right thing to do.