Friday, September 04, 2009

Happy Anniversary

















Our anniversary was actually yesterday, but we were too shell-shocked to celebrate, so we decided to celebrate today. This morning I asked Tom if we could go for a walk this evening–that low tide was around 6:00. He said, "But what about our anniversary celebration?"

I said, "There's nothing I would enjoy more than going for a walk, getting some great takeout food, and watching a movie on TV. Do we have anything?"

We went in the living room and found a video called Sunshine Cleaners from Blockbuster. Having a normal evening sounded like the perfect way to celebrate an anniversary to me.

By the time it was 6:00, all I wanted to do was sleep. I asked Tom if we could celebrate our anniversary tomorrow night. He agreed wholeheartedly. I took a nap, and so did Tom. At 7:00 we actually headed to the beach for our walk. It was windy but incredibly beautiful.

From our walk: these flowers washed up for our anniversary, which we will celebrate tomorrow–I'm sure of it.










p.s. When I talked to Mom today, she said that the people who worked at the hospital were very kind and helpful, but the others seemed kind of mixed-up.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, and let me know how Sunshine Cleaners is. And that sounds good about your mom.....

mary ann said...

Happy Anniversary, dear Linda. I hope this weekend is better for you. Sea washed flowers are the best...

Sally said...

Happy Anniversary. So very sorry to read about your mother's difficult journey, and can only imagine the effect of it all. Early morning phone calls with bad news are the most dreaded things.

Barbara said...

Happy Anniversary to you two! We are thinking about you.

Namowal said...

Happy Belated anniversary.
You seem to find the most amazing things at that beach!

Anonymous said...

"Flora auf Sand." Klee is sending you best wishes via Neptune, and other gods of art, time, and the sea.

mari said...

Happy Anniversary, Linda! I'm all for low-key celebrations where you do what you just feel like doing in the moment, not getting all worked up about where to eat, what to do, how, etc. I love your pictures because even when you're feeling low you're finding beauty around you. That's always important, always comforting. Lucky guy, that hubby of yours...xo, mari