Thursday, October 02, 2008

Phone Call





























Mom:
They passed out forms today so we would be able to vote.

Me: Who are you going to vote for?

Mom:
Do you want to guess?

Me: No. You tell me.

Mom:
Obama.

Me:
Yay! Great!


Mom:
My friends here look at me like there's something wrong. For instance, who's that woman who lives in her own little house downstairs?

Me:
Marie?


Mom:
Yes, yes, Marie! She says, "Don't you know we've voted Republican around here for one hundred years?"

Me:
Oh no.


Mom:
Yes. And the fact that he's a black man. The Southerners ordinarily do not understand. People look down on the black folks around here. But I read a book by Obama. I have his inside feelings and I think he's a reasonable man.

Me:
Well, I'm voting for him.


Mom:
Maybe he'll get in because of us.

p.s. You can make your own Obama poster here. (Thanks for the link, Mari!)