Saturday, October 13, 2007

San Francisco Farmers' Market

This morning I woke up and thought: I've got to do something keep Tom from working all day long. But when he suggested going to the farmers' market, I had to think about it. The farmers' market is not my idea of a good time. Nonetheless, I decided to make another sacrifice for my marriage and to accompany him.

So at 7:30 I hauled myself into the shower so we could get across town in time to find a place to park. The San Francisco Farmers' Market is held every Saturday at the Ferry Building. Pictured are the three things I appreciated most at the market this morning: Kettle Korn (I bought a giant bag), an octopus mosaic, and caviar (no free samples). For breakfast I had a big Mexican tamale wrapped in banana leaves with black beans and hot sauce from Primavera, and a cup of coffee from Blue Bottle Coffee.