Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Dorothy's Salad

















When I take the food photography workshop, I'm sure I'll learn to stand so that my head doesn't cast a shadow over the food. But this was an outstanding salad. And for a bowl of vegetables to be my favorite part of lunch–that's unheard of.

We had a three-way heart-to-heart over lunch. This time it was mostly about having to grow up with parents living in the same house. When I got back home, Janet emailed Dorothy and me to ask for advice on a project she showed us before lunch. I gave her my opinion, and received back one of the best email messages of my life:

From: Janet
Subject: Re: Quick question!
Date: July 10, 2007 6:53:02 PM PDT
To: Linda
Thanks and bless you, Linda! May you never have to attend church or play the piano again!!!