Friday, June 30, 2006

Hers and His











Dorothy's friend is getting a divorce not because she doesn't like her husband, but because they can't live together. Of course they can't live together! Who can bear to live with another human? This may not have been true for mb:
I miss my sweet Dave... too short a life & such a beautiful man!!! I love him & miss him BIG TIME! Saw a couple yesterday when I was sitting @ dealership waiting for my ride & tho I couldn't hear anything they said, I saw them talk & kiss & talk & kiss & then they parted... just like "us"... mb

When Tom and I go to Barbara's Fish Trap or Parkside Cafe for an intimate dinner, we have a great time. But if mb saw us, she would see two people reading library books while waiting for their clam chowder.

I met my husband in Whitney Leland's art class. I always thought the perfect living arrangement would be for Tom and me to have a duplex. When you walk in the front door, a painting by Whitney Leland would be centered on the wall. Then, my door would be on the left, and Tom's door would be on the right.

My cousin Barry and his wife Beth live across the street from one another. They see each other for dinner, and get together on weekends. This kind of living arrangement isn't possible for us in San Francisco, so I have to make allowances.







When you walk in the front door, a painting by Whitney Leland would be centered on the wall.