Sunday, June 11, 2006

Experiment

Thursday morning I drove my husband to the airport. When I got back home, I took off my wedding ring. I hung it on the bulletin board in the kitchen. It had been on my finger continuously since September 4, 1974–almost 32 years. It was just an experiment to see what would happen if I went barehanded for the weekend.

















e-mail from Aggles: So w/ tom out of town–how will you eat? Doesn't he do all the cooking? I'm afraid you'll waste away to nothing!
e-mail to Aggles:
I bought two frozen California Pizzas at Safeway yesterday. (Sausage, pepperoni, and mushroom). Don't worry–I can pull the mushrooms off.

What Happened Thursday


















Exotic Cooking for One:
1. Arachides sous le Parapluie Vert: Pour salted peanuts into bowl. Add spinach leaf for vitamin C, vitamin E, and folic acid.
2. Doigts Oranges de Bébé: Rip open bag. No washing or trimming necessary, as when purchased from farmers' market.
3. Medicación Ligera: Place 2 beers in bed along with opener, knife, lime, and foam koolie. Don't forget reading glasses and newspaper.
4. Crostini Doppio Ganache: Arrange saltines on platter. To make ganache, spread with peanut butter and top with chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds–or flambe'.

What Happened Friday

Tired of working. Tired of exotic cooking. For dinner, I decided to see a movie at Opera Plaza called The Puffy Chair and to eat fluffy popcorn. Fun! But if you decide to try this by yourself, you have to remember that you're the one responsible for remembering where the car is parked. Was it Turk or McCallister?

What Happened Saturday
















What Happened Sunday


















How To Eat a Pizza for Three if You're Only One Person:

The pizza last night was divine, though I was nauseous for hours afterward. Tonight I was successful in finding a way to eat the second one without suffering the same ill effects:
1. Look at this. This is supposed to be three servings. Remove plastic. Remove cardboard circle underneath pizza. Place pizza in hot oven for 20 minutes–yes, an eternity–but worth it.
2. Watching your weight? Pull off mushrooms and discard.
3. Important: After eating the entire first half–but before swallowing toppings from the 2nd half–throw remaining crust from the 2nd half into the garbage. You'll want to retrieve it later for a bedtime snack. To avoid this, Spray Mount it now.
4. Spray Mount: Familiarize yourself with this product.

Conclusion












I've suffered extreme heartburn without my ring. I'm putting it back on before dinner tomorrow night.