Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dwell Magazine
















This is Lara Deam. She started Dwell magazine, and spoke at the Apple store this evening. Because I have fear of leaving the house, I'm often a late arrival at things like this. I ended up having to sit on the floor, which made it easy for me to shoot this picture of Lara. She wore these shoes while standing upright for an hour, talking and answering questions. She would pace from one side of the room to the other, and sometimes even stand on one foot. I also was impressed by her good nature and by the fact that she used no notes for her talk.


















This is my dream house. I like Dwell because they believe in a future for nice prefabricated homes. They don't believe that mass production and beauty have to be mutually exclusive.

But back to shoes for a moment. Today I got an envelope in the mail from Butler Shine Stern & Partners. I ripped it open and was taken aback to learn that my entry in the Converse sneaker competition had not won the $10,000 grand prize. But I did win a free pair of Chuck Taylors. I can choose either hightops or lo's, from a wide range of colors.