Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mail-Order Life

Isn't it exciting when you mail-order something and just can't wait for it to arrive because you know it will change your life when you finally have it in your possession? You track the package every few hours because you cannot wait to acquire the vibrant new personality that comes in the box along with the product you ordered?

... And then, how when you finally have the package in your hands and tear it open, the new way of being never quite materializes and your life basically remains the same as it was the day before?

Today I was having one of those days where my life was exactly the same as it was the day before, and not in a good way. I desperately needed my package to arrive and when I tracked it for the 11th time, the Tracking Details said: Your package was left at the front door.

I raced out of my studio, threw the door open, and there it was.

And this time it worked. I ripped open the box and stepped into the shoes. I wore them all day. My whole world changed and so did my personality. Everything around me is more colorful, and I'm now a lot smarter and nicer.