Thursday, November 10, 2011

My Dinner With Lucille

On Nov. 09, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Linda wrote:

Hi again, Lucille!

Just checking in to make sure tomorrow around 4:30-ish is still a good time for us to have a drink.

I think I'll bring champagne (California) instead of martini paraphernalia. We can celebrate.

Casual dress? I'll bring some more tattoos, too, just in case we feel like tattooing.

On Nov 9, 2011, at 3:37 PM, Lucille wrote: (she's just one of those people who writes things like this)

Every day's a celebration when I see you, Linda. 4:30ish sound good. I have the cheese and crackers. And maybe some dinner?

On Nov. 09, 2011 3:41 PM, Linda wrote:

Lucille, actually dinner sounds good!

Cheese and crackers is a good dinner for me ... But should I pick up something else on the way? I'd love to. Just say what.

Hooray! Just bring your dear self and the bottle.

Lucille! I just remembered. Tom made some vegetable soup last week. We froze a quart or two. Should I take it out of the freezer tomorrow a.m. and bring it?

I never say no, Linda. It will be delicious, knowing you. First course - followed by an entrée.

When I got to Lucille's place, we ran out on her balcony to take a photo before the sun set and then popped the cork. We sat down for a while with the cheese and crackers. Then Lucille jumped up and poached some fish. She stirred up an incredible sauce from the Sunset Cookbook. Suddenly a sweet potato pudding appeared next to the fish.

She sent me home with The Corrections, a jar of peanuts, and some malted milk balls.

Thank you, Lucille. I loved spending the evening with you. I'll be back soon to help you set up your blog.