Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Light the Night Walk

Mary Ann is leading a Light the Night walk to raise money in honor of her friend Michael Selhorst. He died last November from Leukemia. I had heard so much about Michael Selhorst "The Seahorse" that I felt like knew him.

My dad (that's him below) died of Leukemia when I was 12, so of course I'll be thinking about him as I walk.


Aggles (below) and I would make up stories and characters and Dad would take photos for us. He also shot movies that we'd write and direct. My favorite one was full of scenes that looked hilarious when you ran the film backwards: we jumped off swings, poured lemonade from on high, stuffed deviled eggs in our mouths ... we had a charmed childhood with him.


Click here if you'd like to help sponsor us on the walk. $10, $25: any amount is greatly appreciated. Every little bit of money we raise will help current and future Leukemia victims. Mary Ann has set a goal of $2,000. (She just changed it to $4,000!)

If you'd like to join us, the walk is at 7 p.m. on Thursday, October 20 p.m. at Union Square, San Francisco.