Sunday, March 06, 2011

Taiwan Tabletop





From: John
Subject: Sea Glass
Date: March 5, 2011 5:37:48 AM PST
To: Linda and Tom

Hi Y'all,

My main email is still hotmail, but I have found it to be so much easier to mail photos from Picasa.

Anyway, while Tom was here an American couple, Michael and Flame,
photos attached, invited us to lunch at their home near the beach. I
was amazed to see that Flame had out a number of pieces of sea glass on a table in the living room. They walk the beach almost everyday, since they have four dogs.

Anyway this past weekend was beautiful and I also went walking on the
beach and found a bit of sea glass myself. Mostly small pieces of
brown and dark green, but some lighter pieces and a couple of small
blue pieces too. Do you just want certain colors? I don't remember
seeing lots of dark green and brown on your table. I'll keep going
back as the weather gets nicer, many days are very windy....up to
around 60 -70 mph. As you can see from the photos though, the wind
surfers love the wind, but it really isn't that pleasant for
strolling.

So, I'll send off some sea glass to you at some point. Thought you
might enjoy mingling east and west, one world, amen.

Love,
John


From: Linda
Subject: Re: Sea Glass
Date: March 5, 2011 1:29:05 PM PST
To: John


John! This is amazing–that you met some sea glass collectors. Michael and Flame look very nice. What did they have for lunch? On what beach do they live?

I like ALL COLORS of sea glass!

It's great that Tom got to visit you--the photos are really nice. He is very cute. (As are you.) I know you think I'm just trying to be agreeable so you'll send me the sea glass, but I'M NOT!

We love getting your messages and photos.

Love,
Linda & Tom



From: John
Subject: Re: Sea Glass
Date: March 6, 2011 1:22:37 AM PST
To: Linda


OK! We had another beautiful day today and I got some more sea glass. I'll just keep going out and send the very best. Now another question, do you care about big or small pieces? There are a lot of really small pieces, but I don't know if they are that interesting for you ... Flame said she was inspired by my story of your coffee table in San Francisco, and she brought out a lot more glass she has found. Now the pieces are sorted in bottles of a similar color. I haven't seen her new set up yet.

... They had a great vegetarian casserole for lunch. Michael used to run a vegetarian deli in Seattle, many years ago. It reminded me of good Dharma center food!

Hope spring is starting to arrive in your part of the world too.

Love, John







From: Linda
Subject: Re: Sea Glass
Date: March 6, 2011 11:22:41 AM PST
To: John

John, this is so exciting. I like all sizes of sea glass.

Last night all the glass out on our beach seemed to be TINY. But it was still fun because it seemed like every time I bent down to pick one up, I'd spot 5 or 6 more in the same place. This photo shows how tiny they were, using my weddin ring for scale. Today it's raining, so I may stay inside and eat white bean soup and have a beer.

So is this beach you're visiting in Penghu, where you teach?

Love,
Linda