Saturday, February 26, 2011

Round Robin and a Taco To Go

Sometimes Jane will come up with a prompt for our daily write that is downright inspiring. Take today, for instance ...

TORTILLAS AND CHEESE (the prompt! and then my 10 min. write)

If I had to say, I think my favorite Mexican spot is Joe's Taco Lounge in Mill Valley. I know what you're thinking. How could it be a real Mexican place if it's in Mill Valley.

If you go, try the tofu tostada. I know what you're thinking. How could I even begin to think of ordering a tofu dish at a Mexican restaurant? Well, for one thing there are a lot of other things mixed in--things that taste good–and the tofu is deep-fried, so that's a big thing in its favor.

You can order a Sangria and of course they bring a basket of chips and lots of salsa (but never enough salsa–I usually have to ask for more, and they bring it right away, no delay).

The other nice thing about the taco lounge is that a great shoe store just opened up right next door called Soles 384. Last time we went to Joe's, I raced into the shoe store because there was a big sign in the window that said "WOMEN'S BOOTS ON SALE."

I tore back out in a pair of motorcycle boots, ready for a cheese tortilla. When the money runs out I know of a place in the Mission that will always serve you free tacos if you get a tattoo (a permanent tattoo) of the restaurant's logo. What is the name of it? Oh! Just found it. It's Casa Sanchez and you can read about it here if you don't believe me.