Saturday, August 01, 2009

E-mail of the Day



















From: Katy
Subject: jesus is watching u
Date: August 1, 2009 4:05:04 PM PDT
To: Linda


Linda, today I went looking for a church I'd taken a photo of last year,
that Faith had recently seen. She told me it was now called the Church of Tomorrow. I found it and snapped away at its new incarnation. My truck was parked to the side, on a gravel slope. The truck slipped a gear and started to coast toward the ditch just as I was paying attention to Jesus Is Watching U. I ran after the truck, cursing, but it beat me to the ditch. It rested on 3 wheels, and I couldn't get it out of the ditch. When I opened the door everything on the seat slid out onto the road. Helpless and hopeless I stood by the edge of the Ottway road, and waited for a kind stranger. I didn't wave him down, he saw my distress and shouted You OK, then back pedalled to my aid. He rocked and pushed the side, then the front, he had an expert rhythm, then I was free. I said Can I take your picture he said Sure, and then he moved to a spot he chose, saying he wanted to be in the sun. I thanked him and we waved good bye. Timmy's photo attached. I also told him he was strong. He was. He did it all by himself. He knew what he was doing.

Katy



p.s. When I asked Katy if I could post her e-mail, she said I could as long as I included Timmy's image from his head to his boots. She wondered if any of our other blogfriends had "helpful stranger" stories. Do you? Let's hear them!