Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Mac vs. PC: A Morality Tale

My therapist had a new laptop. It was an HP and he had assured me that he would never be seen in public with it. One day at the end of a session I convinced him to show it to me. He reluctantly opened a drawer in his desk and there it was. I shook my head and walked out the door.

A few weeks later I sat back down on his couch. He excused himself to go get a drink. I was alone in the room. Suddenly I remembered I had a sheet of Apple Computer decals in my bag.

I didn't think. I simply saw what needed to be done and acted. I jumped up, opened his computer drawer, placed the decals on top of his computer, and sat back down–all before he reappeared.

To make a long story short: If you go to a psychotherapist it probably isn't such a great idea to go through his desk drawers while he's out of the room.